Ensure your future health
PKU Adult Online Webinar* – ensuring your future health!
Date: Wednesday 14th Sept @8pm Registration: Details TBC soon
The PKU Association of Ireland (PKUAI) is delighted to announce it is hosting a joint adult online webinar together with the Mater Hospital Metabolic Unit Dublin on Wednesday 14th Sept @ 8pm.
If you would like to take part or assist the future of PKU Ireland for yourself, a family member, or as a parent / guardian managing a child with a metabolic condition. Our community relies completely on community support > parents of children living with PKU and young & older adults living with the condition to ensure comprehensive awareness and greater understanding for our community is secured.
Event speakers include: Metabolic Consultant Dr James O’Byrne and a leading Senior dietician at Temple Street Hospital to provide + discuss:
- A senior metabolic staffing update
- Community access to KUVAN
- The blood result communication process
- The Prescription renewal for patients living with metabolic conditions, including the application for new food products.
- PKU community future > How we as a community, have to work to ensure new treatments, clinical trial opportunities, why they are important and more….
- OTHER: Link & further information to follow – watch this space!
On behalf of Bernadette Gilroy, PKUAI Chairperson we as an tiny parent led organisation, would like to thank her for her ongoing and tireless VOLUNTARY work for our community and in addition the entire metabolic team at Temple Street and The Mater for their generous efforts with our community and for coordinate the above event.